Thursday, May 30, 2013

He's All Grown Up

My little brother graduated from high school. Class of 2013. He did it. 


Here's the funny thing about high school graduation. When I graduated 2 years ago, I felt on top of the world. I thought I knew everything. But then I realized something... I had no idea what was coming. College was a whole different ball game. There are times when I think back on high school and wonder why I ever got stressed out or complained about homework. I wonder why I thought I was so busy. I look back and wonder how I lucked out with the best people in the school who I still call my friends (I especially think about this when I see pictures during my 10 year awkward stage and wonder why they stayed friends with me). But in all seriousness, without high school, I wouldn't be who I am today. I didn't know who I was in high school, but I had great friends who helped me to see my potential and put me on the right path, so when I needed to figure out who I was, I was already in the right direction. As much as I don't miss high school, I am so grateful for all the experiences I had throughout the four years I was a bulldog. Now that I know what comes after high school, I am SO excited to watch Dallin as he goes out and serves a mission in Belgium/Netherlands then comes back and starts college. He is going to rock it. You know why? Because he has the greatest determination and attitude I have ever seen. We went to high school together for 2 years. We definitely had our ups and downs, I wasn't always the best older sister but despite those rough times, we are best friends and I am so proud of him and the person he has become. Love you Dal!

1 comment:

camille.bethany said...

such a great photo!! i can't believe he's that old haha. time flies!!